Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My experiences and expectations


I am quite excited about this class since I just love technology. Though it tricked me once or twice (can you imagine the tension that my flash drive just died one day before I was going to present my practicum and my projects were all there). I know technology is not so reliable but I love it.

I like the class in that it combines technology and composition--both are my favorites. It is a great idea to integrate computer in composition pedogagy. I always wonder whether it is possible for any disipline to survive vigorously without paying attention to technology, even computers per se. I feel safe to say that internet is so far the most immediate and effective way for most programs to market themselves. Also composition courses like undergraduate writing courses cannot be taught efficiently without technology. Overheads, blackboard, emails have helped students to collabrate and communicate more easily and effecitively. I cannot really imagine how much extra work a student needs to do if they do not have internet access to the sources in the school library. So integration of technology into classroom is unavoidable.

I hope that I can improve my skills on Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Indesign. Some softwares are quite new to me and I cannot wait to learn them. I know working with these softwares is quite time-consuming and demands lots of patience and perseverance if I want to do well in it, but still I just like working with computers and get that sense of achievement when I see the progress of my projects. My concern is since most softwares are so extensive I wonder whether there are easy ways for me to get it.

Let me do a little bit integration of technology and composition here. I will post my daughter's picture here :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home